The Global Health Science and Practice Technical Exchange (#GHTechX) is an annual event for the global health community sharing state-of-the-art evidence-based best practices and information through a variety of technical sessions. Join the Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator (Accelerator) and our partners from April 21-24, 2021 for a variety of presentations highlighting evidence-based best practices in global health.
The Accelerator and our partners have organized three sessions on global-health topics. See the full list below:
The Intersection of Behavior Change and Health Systems Strengthening in Global Health
April 21, 2021 | 12:15pm – 1:15pm EDT
This session features a panel of behavior change and HSS practitioners who will provide an overview of why behavior is important for HSS and why the health system needs to be considered in developing behavior change programs.
- Kama Garrison, Senior Social Behavior Change Advisor, USAID, Office of Health Systems
- Program Analyst – Global Health, Social Solutions International/USAID
- Susan Pietrzyk, Senior Researcher, Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator Project, ICF
Sustainable Financing of Family Planning Commodities in Ghana: Options for Donor Transition and Domestic Integration
April 21, 2021 | 1:30pm – 3:00pm EDT
This session focuses on how the USAID “Support for International Family Planning and Health Organizations 2: Sustainable Networks” (SIFPO2) program, worked with stakeholders in Ghana to develop modalities for longer-term, sustainable financing for a defined set of family planning and maternal health commodities, and to plan next steps for the provision of these commodities under public sector health financing mechanisms, including the National Health Insurance Scheme.
- Adwoa Twun, Program Officer, Results for Development, Ghana
- Loriade Akin-Olugbade, Program Officer, Results for Development, USA
- Claudette Diogo, Family Planning Program/Logistics Officer, Family Health Division
Reinventing Ways to Purchase Health Services Through National Health Insurance
April 23, 2021 | 6:00am – 6:30am EDT
This session will focus on how Indonesia’s Ministry of Health and National Health Insurance (NHI) Agency, are collaborating with the USAID Health Financing Activity to formulate more strategic approaches to health financing policies and spending arrangements related to the Tuberculosis and Maternal and Newborn Health programs under the NHI.
- Aditia Nugroho, Health Financing Officer, Results for Development, Indonesia
- Inraini Fitria Syah, Program Officer, Results for Development, Indonesia
- Laurel Hatt, Senior Program Director, Results for Development, USA
The GHTechX is made possible through the support of The USAID Bureau for Global Health and the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health. The GHTechX is organized in collaboration with the Global Health: Science and Practice Journal.
Join the conversation with @GHTechX on Twitter by using #GHTechX21